WESTERN CAPE MONEY TRAIL
- PARTICIPATION & ELIGIBILITY
- This tournament is open only to members of SABAA and registered TTT members.
- Any candidate for competition who, in the judgment of the Tournament Director, is disabled in such a manner as to unfairly hinder his/her partner or endanger the safety and well-being of his/her partner or themselves may not be eligible.
- Only anglers 16 and over and in possession of a valid skipper ticket will be eligible to fish the WCMT as a skipper
- Only vessels with a valid COF for their vessel will be eligible
- An angler may only register for one team
- Fishing on boats only, max 2 anglers per boat
- Each team may select a single reserve angler
- The reserve angler may only participate in one event (one day).
- The reserve angler must also register with both SABAA and WCMT
- The reserve angler must make themselves known at the event they fish.
- A reserve angler may only register with one team
- The reserve angler will not be eligible for qualification for the TTT Championship
- No SABAA member may be on the event body of water 5 days before the WCMT event
- All teams to present their indemnity form at registration.
- All teams to produce a valid COF, skipper license and SABAA membership proof when requested by the organiser. If no such certificate or proof can be produced they will forfeit their score, prizes and entry fee.
2. ASSOCIATION RULES
- SABAA rules will apply to all WCMT tournaments except where specified
- The B.A.S.S rules will be specific for qualifying for the Bassmaster Team Tournament Championship and Bassmaster Classic
- The SABAA Team Trail rules will be specific for qualifying for the Super Final.
3. TOURNAMENT TRAIL DATES & VENUES
- The WCMT committee reserves all rights to change the venue or date before a tournament
- Competition start will be at first safe light but not before 06:00 ; standard finishing times will be 15:00, unless specified otherwise.
- Any change to the finishing time will be announced at the briefing.
- Starting sequence will be determined by random draw at registration . If you are late for the draw you will start last.
- Venue specific rules will be highlighted prior to the competition or during the briefing on the day of the competition
4. SPECIAL RULES
- The starting boat sequence will be determined by random draw before the start of the day.
- The marshall who will hand out tags on the day will be drawn at random out of the competitors on the day, and they will leave last. This team will push off the boats in sequence of the draw.
- All anglers are aware that the tournament organiser is also a competitor and will be part of the tournament dispute resolution committee
- The weighmaster decision is final.
- Any dispute regarding weight of your fish must be made at the weighstation and a 3rd party chosen by the weighmaster will verify the weight
- The use of a mobile phone is allowed for the Western Cape Money Trail
- Tags need to be returned to the weighstation box before the closing of the fishing day or you will be disqualified, forfeit your points and entry money.
- Only non penetrating culling clips may be used, and are available from https://bassinc.co.za
- Only mesh weigh bags supplied at the weigh station are to be used
5. TOURNAMENT TRAIL POINTS
- Each team will be awarded with participation points equal to the number of boats entered into the competition that day(minimum 10 points).
- Each team will be awarded points based on their performance subject to the number of boats entered into that specific tournament. For example, if 20 boats enter and you finish 1st (20 points), 2nd (19 points) etc.
- Team points for the trail series will be based on the teams top 3 out of 4 performances but all participation points will count.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Any disputes need to be raised with Andrew Locke or the designated tournament director no later than 5 minutes after the close of the tag board.
- The dispute will be heard by Andrew Locke or the designated tournament director, as well as two other competitors (chosen by Andrew Locke or the designated tournament director) and a decision by vote will be made. This decision is final.
- Prizes will be made up of sponsorship and entry fees after tournament expenses have been deducted.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (if more than 10 competitors)
- Sponsored BASSINC Bonus prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd
8. Entry Fees
- Entry per team will be R700 for each event
- SABAA registration is R100 per angler to be paid via weightmasters.net
- TTT registration is R140 per angler to be paid at your first event